Subject: [Leica] PAW Week 1
From: kididdoc at (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Feb 12 07:06:57 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 7:50 AM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> It takes courage to put your work before an international audience
> of other
> Leica photographers, and I commend you for getting to it.
> My experience and my wonderful Leica gear was being wasted before,
> and I was
> plinking about, pulling out the camera every once in a while.
> When I read the Kyle Cassidy rhetorical question, "Do I deserve this
> camera?," I had to find out for myself if I deserve this camera.
> That was in the Spring of 2001.  Since then, with encouragement and
> attaboys, and sometimes a ruler on the fingers, I have seen and felt a
> marked improvement in my ability to see, and show others what I see.
> Guess what?   It's no longer a chore.  I don't really do a
> disciplined every
> Monday posting anymore, but I do shoot and post regularly.  Every
> once in a
> while I go tidy up my pages so I  can look back and find my shots.
> Several years ago, I started posting Friday Flowers.  I had done an
> assignment for Louisiana Life Magazine on Hodges Gardens and one of
> the
> listers did a Friday Follies at that time.   So I posted Friday
> Flowers to
> this list and another.  When my stats showed I had gotten hundreds
> of views
> in one day, I knew I was on to something.
> Last week's flower garnered nearly seven hundred views, and the week
> is not
> out yet.   By the way, the above-mentioned magazine assignment came
> about
> after the editor googled "Spider Lily," and came up with one of my PAW
> pictures.  This one:

Welcome, enjoy, participate....Sonny says it best...

I have had a half dozen images found, selected, published in the same
way Sonny describes, including two covers...

one, a medical book,
the other,  out soon,  on the cover of a book of poetry...

> Another tip, keep a camera with you always.  It's terribly difficult
> to take
> a picture without one, and when great pictures jump out in front of
> you,
> you're ready.
> You'll know you are at the right place when you check to see if you
> have the
> camera before you check to see if you have your keys and wallet.
> Good Luck, and welcome!
> Regards,
> Sonny
> Natchitoches, Louisiana
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Michael Gardner
> <>wrote:
>> Yes, that's what I'm counting on. I need to get re-motivated.  The
>> first
>> step was heeding Ted's a$$ chewing and sending a couple of snaps
>> for the
>> yearbook.  Now I need to keep the momentum going.
> --

Replies: Reply from mlgardner96 at (Michael Gardner) ([Leica] PAW Week 1)
Message from olivegm3 at (joe leung) ([Leica] Red Flag 20 (Leica M4 Copy) in a Showcase)
Message from mlgardner96 at (Michael Gardner) ([Leica] PAW Week 1)
Message from don.dory at (Don Dory) ([Leica] PAW Week 1)
Message from mlgardner96 at (Michael Gardner) ([Leica] PAW Week 1)
Message from sonc.hegr at (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] PAW Week 1)