Subject: [Leica] A Notion...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jan 21 10:14:23 2009

Of course we have to avoid political food fights on the list, and I am
sure the Saloon Keeper will see to it if needed. But I also think that
all Americans, regardless of whom they voted for, can be proud of a
few things about this election:

- the fact that a black man was elected to the highest office in the
land shows how far the country has come
- the amount of goodwill and admiration towards the US this has
generated abroad
- as well as the civilized manner in which  the transition has taken
place and the courtesy with which McCain and Obama have treated each
other once the election was over.

And finally, the fact that the Chinese regime felt the need to censor
Obama's speech yesterday:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7841580.stm

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman