Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jan 17 02:55:40 2009

This seems logical. If pieces of electronics have been designed
effectively with two otherwise identical circuits running out of phase
it makes sense to connect one to the next with a cable carrying 2 out
of phase signals and a ground. On the other hand, if the electronics
are single ended using XLR balanced connection leads to the extra
complication of transformer or other conversion at either end of the
connection.
Personally I favour the simplicity of single ended for domestic use.
Frank