Subject: [Leica] Antique store find
From: tcb at thadbrown.com (TCB)
Date: Mon Jan 5 18:09:02 2009

Thanks Douglass. For $25 I don't mind taking a flier and seeing if it does
anything in an interesting kind of way. I'm a little surprised they went out
of
business in 1960. The lens is in shockingly good shape considering, and the
case
looks new. Maybe it just sucks which is why it got no use.

Thanks again,

TCB

On Mon 05/01/09  4:36 PM , Douglas Sharp douglas.sharp@gmx.de sent:
> Hi,
>
> Tanaka Kogaku (Tanaka Optical Co. Ltd. Tokyo) existed from 1952 -
> 1959/60 and built a number of Leica copies (and one that looked like a
> Nikon/Contax  RF) under the brand name Tanack and a series of six
> different 50mm lenses and seven other lenses between 28 and 135 mm.
> Little is known about the company although it was one of the most
> well-known Leica copies along with Canon, Nicca and Leotax.
>
> Information sourced from "Leica Copies" by HPR
>
> Hope this helps
> Douglas
>
> TCB wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Was in an antique shop over the weekend and
> picked up an F/3.5 135mm thread mount> lens. It's a long focusing lens
> like my
Cannon