Subject: [Leica] Leica Century
From: kididdoc at (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Jan 4 13:08:00 2009

On Jan 4, 2009, at 1:44 PM, Lottermoser George wrote:

> To me
> it's not about "love Leica"
> (though I do love my kits)
> It's rather about the photographs
> made with
> the synergy between
> "this" gear
> and
> "these" photographers
> doesn't feel like masturbation
> feels like photography
> granted there is a certain
> masturbatory quality to photography
> (self gratification)
> yet, at the point that we share our views of the world
> it becomes considerably more open
> to sharing the pleasure as well as the pain.

that may be true George, but I was obtuse and you missed my point...

it concerned Leica's dismissal of our FOM2...

we seem driven to make the same mistake twice,

> Fond regards,
> George
> On Jan 4, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:
>> If we want to love Leica with a beautiful photographic homage to
>> its products, then why does it feel like masturbation?

thanks,  Steve

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Leica Century)
Reply from sethrosner at (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Leica Century)
Message from imagist3 at (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Leica Century)