Subject: [Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion
From: piers at hemy.org (Piers Hemy)
Date: Mon Dec 22 08:59:07 2008

Here's another vote for the Nikon 4000 (and similar models).  The later
Nikon V-ED is identical to the 4000-ED, but without the facility for
mechanised batch scanning (of slides or film).  The 5000-ED preserves that
facility in the current range.  If you have large numbers of images to scan,
think hard about the time involved in loading each one individually!

Also take care, if choosing an older model, for some of the oldest use a
SCSI connector, which can present an unwanted challenge to more modern PCs.

Piers