Subject: [Leica] RD-1 now Backup
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Dec 13 08:01:21 2008

I absolutely hate to admit this, but Tina is right......  Everything ends up
as a digital file.

The difference between film and pure digital is cash flow.  Pay $5K now for
the camera + a new, high performance computer, or spread it out over several
years.  ( Amateur rate, Pros may have other pay back rates.....)

Pushing it one step further, if you have film now, how do you digitize it
all and move forward?  You still need to get that scanner, etc.  So the fact
is that while everything needs to be digitized, you will always need a
scanner.

The remaining question is  not IF but WHEN do you buy your digital camera?

If you are a Pro, the obvious answer is yesterday.  For us amateurs, the
answer is not as clear cut.......

Frank Filippone, still shooting film ( only), but drooling over M8 used and
demo prices.....)
red735i@earthlink.net