Subject: [Leica] Anybody use the 1.5/50mm Nokton on an M8?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Dec 6 23:18:24 2008

My M8 is arriving on Tuesday, and I have my standard lens already, a
35mm Summarit. On the wide end, the 18mm Zeiss is in the hands of John
Milich. All well and good. But I also need a fast 50mm lens (doesn't
everyone?). When I was using film M's, I tried the 1.5/50mm Nokton.
The lens was nice and sharp but the bokeh was so ugly that I sold it
and got a Summilux instead. Now I wonder if the out-of-focus rendition
is different/better on an M8? From a price-performance point of view
this lens cannot be beaten, but I intend to shoot it a lot at f1.5
(otherwise, what's the point of buying a fast lens?) and that implies
large areas that are out of focus, which in turn makes bokeh somewhat
important.

So if anyone has experience with the M8+Nokton combination, I would
love to hear from them.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain