Subject: [Leica] IMG: More canine tales
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Nov 27 13:39:46 2008

Hi Philippe. Thanks for looking and commenting. The lighting is somewhat
difficult in these, being in open but backlit shade under a cream ceiling
and some afternoon sun thrown in, with the previous shot window backlit
inside in tungsten lighting. Subjectively, the dog's fur looks pretty
accurate to me. There is an element of backlit, newly coloured hair plus
some direct sun beam from left involved in Mrs Hoppy with the doggie! White
balance was auto and subjective. I'll have another try. I have actually just
calibrated the camera output with a 24 swatch colorchecker and profile
editor. Theoretically the colour interpretation should be spot on. The new
Adobe M8 profiles though have really changed the rendition of reds , oranges
and greens for example. I shall experiment further. The bo-ke you liked is
very characteristic of the 75AA and its 50 brother. So is the magnificent
performance contre-jour.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.