Subject: [Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Tue Nov 18 20:28:36 2008

Quoth the Ted Grant :

> This is a very tough topic to work through from an independent
> business person point of view and the opposite. a hired gun to a magazine
> or  government employer situation point of view.

I took a quick look at a couple dozen shots, more or less at random,
and they looked to be either FSA shots or names I recognized as LIFE
staffers.

FSA shots have always been public domain; many of them are freely
downloadable from the Library of Congress website and can be ordered
as prints.(LIFE ran an awful lot of those shots...)

LIFE staff shots are almost certainly made by employees either before
or under work-for-hire rules.

I suspect that any infringements are accidental and probably not
numerous... though it would be worth checking, just in case, if
someone had the time.

I don't.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com