Subject: [Leica] New member and photos now posted on LUG Gallery
From: ihatethebart at gmail.com (Mr A-Z)
Date: Thu Nov 6 07:51:40 2008

Thanks for the welcomes (and for not throwing me out already due to me
just using a Contax IIIa for now and not a Leica).
Also thanks to Jim for recommending the Bessa R2 camera - it's an option
I have not considered but may well be a contender to the M3/M6/MP I'm
considering.

I also uploaded two photos to the LUG gallery (thanks for letting me
Brian :-)).

You can see the photos in my galler at:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/AdamMraz/

The photo from the gardens shows one 'issue' I am often fighting which
is that I find that I focus an inch off what I want to be the main focus
(in this case Amy's eyes). Not sure if it's the rangefinder or my eyes
that needs to be re-aligned as just as often things are IN focus where I
want it. Sigh. I guess a f/1.5 aperture doesn't leave much margin for error.

About my camera:
As I mentioned it's a Contax IIIa with a Sonnar 50/1.5. I love the lens
but am not as enthusiastic about the body as I find it much less
ergonomically correct [for me] when comparing to how an M3 feels and
loads. It's all in great condition - even the built-in light meter work
and I've been toying with the idea of selling it to finance an M3/M6 at
least in part - but I'm really hoping I can keep it so no offers please :=)

About me:
Adam Mraz. East-coast native but have been on the West-coast for quite
some time now. Like older cameras, polaroids and dogs. Not an extensive
experience with rangefinder cameras but so far I am loving the lack of a
mirror and how small they can be.

Thanks,

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] New member and photos now posted on LUG Gallery)
Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] New member and photos now posted on LUG Gallery)