Subject: [Leica] why do bombs whistle?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Nov 1 15:30:37 2008

Having been born in the USA I have never had to personally concern
myself with sounds of falling bombs.  But my parents, who were growing
up in Japan in their early teens in the war years, used to tell me they
learned in school to differentiate the sounds of bombs falling
towards them versus bombs falling away, as well as the sound of
the B-29 (bad news for them) versus other aircraft.

It's amazing that after all that, they were only as mildly deranged
as parents (as I recalled them growing up).

:-)

-rei