Subject: [Leica] BOATING PAD #34 - "Bewitched" - The Last of This Series
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Oct 29 17:26:55 2008

This is "Bewitched," a 23' on the waterline cutter-rigged sloop, under
full sail on Buzzards Bay last August.  Most of the photos I've posted
in this PAD were taken from her cockpit.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/300_2526-2.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/66fdky

Sam Crocker designed the boat in 1931.  She was originally built in
wood specifically for the waters of Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound
and has some of the prettiest lines of any boat sailing today.  Her
large main, staysail and jib allow her to ghost along in the lightest
of breezes but also allow her to be reefed quickly to deal with the
worst the Bay or the Sound are likely to throw at a sailor on even day
when it really honks.  Best of all, she won't even dump much water in
the cockpit when it blows like that.  She is simply a pleasure to sail
and a beautiful boat to boot.

So, thanks to Tom and Lynne, her owners, and to Dory the Leapin' Lab*
for may happy weekend afternoons sailing through the summer, for all
those boating lunches you provided, and for the opportunity to take
the pictures I've shown the LUG over the last month or so.  I'm
looking forward to more of the same next year.

Time to move on, photographically.  I wonder if there's any Fall color
left to shoot...

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.

*See here if you miss the reference:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/300_3174.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/3t8ljp