Subject: [Leica] Can someone tell me the story and accolades that Steven Leegot, when he took over Leica?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Feb 27 15:14:06 2008

Vick I never read anything from Leica itself, however there was an interview
published in LFI. This indicated that he was a lifelong
Leica enthusiast and took up the position after spending time with Herr
Kaufmann discussing Leica, including business reform. His
prior business background is well known, I think. He outlined a return to
concentration on the company's core expertise, optics,
while reviewing exactly what was produced and what could be done to attract
new customers etc. Erwin Putts has quoted figures very
recently on recent Leica financial performance. How much of that is due to
the now departed CEO is arguable, however no question but
that the CEO invariably must accept the consequences.

Regards
Geoff