Subject: [Leica] Cars: Old and new - Karmann
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Oct 22 07:21:36 2007

Always has been independent and is still based in Osnabr?ck and Rheine
in Germany - their recent catastrophe was with the Chrysler Crossfire -
it turned out not to be as popular as Daimler-Chrysler hoped. Then
Mercedes-Benz, VW and Audi decided not to continue working with Karmann.
The automobile construction plant in Rheine will be closed when the
contract for the production of the Audi A4 convertible is finished.
Around 900 of 1000 people will be laid off in Rheine and a further 870
in Osnabr?ck.

If you really want to buy a company with a workforce of over 8,000 and
plants in Germany, USA, Portugal, Mexico and Brazil, I think you just
might have to break a few of your larger piggy-banks :-)
Cheers
Douglas