Subject: [Leica] Re: M9
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Aug 31 16:25:50 2007

Larry, fascinating indeed. The original interview does not translate as
elegantly via Babelfish.
As I understand it, Herr Doktor Kaufmann is chairman of the supervisory
board of Leica Camera AG. So I don't imagine that his
remarks in the interview were made casually! We shall see. Any bets on
Photokina 2008? Another interesting snippet was that their
production of M's would not exceed 12,000 annually. Not mentioned was how
that 12,000 is composed. In any combination this is not a
large number vs the industry juggernauts of course. My reading of an
interview with Stephen Lee made me think that they have a smart
man at the helm who appears to truly love Leica products.

Cheers
Hoppy