Subject: [Leica] OT - digital camcorders
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Jul 24 13:26:58 2007

I believe you'll want a miniDV camcorder for reasons of ease of
editing and simple storage of archival media. Tapes last well if
treated nicely.

You didn't say if you were going to get an HD camcorder or one of the
last generation traditional NTSC machines. You might be able to get a
VERY nice prosumer camcorder on the used market as the small houses
shift to HD camcorders. What used to cost $4k can often be found at
<$1K these days with superb low-light performance and many useful
features.

Adam