Subject: [Leica] Re: Report of M8 base failure
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sat May 26 06:16:20 2007

On 5/26/07, Stan Yoder <s.yoder@verizon.net> wrote:

> My M8 will not operate unless the base plate is secured, both ends.

It will if the microswitch is engaged, but also we don't know how far along
on the shoot he was.

"I was checking the focus of my 50 f1.4ASPH, and had the camera tilted
forward and it suddenly came off the tripod."

I read the entire thread on the other forum.  The owner's tone seems
strangely resigned.

Also, Leica reports to Sean Reid that this is the first such failure they
have on record, and they were unable to replicate the failure.

I'm still wondering if the Arca mount might have had something to do with
this. Also curious is that  there seems to be no damage to the rest of the
camera or the lens.   I guess he had his hand on the camera at the time.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com