Subject: [Leica] Re: RF / SLR
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 13 16:38:02 2007

Philippe,
> Depends on the kind of money you need for the other things, Ted.<<<

I'm not sure what you mean here simply because the cameras are the tools
that allow me to shoot the assignments for clients in a manner who respect
my work by the quality of the finished images and that creates the income we
share.

And it has nothing to do with money for other things. I've always worked
with 3 M cameras simply because that is my shooting manner along with the
R's somewhere on body if they're required. And I sure as hell don't try to
impress anyone when I'm using my gear. If people think that's the case, then
they have a major mental problem , not me.

>>> Snobbery is typical something for people that want to look better
> than they are. And spend more money on appearance than they can  really
> afford.<<<<

Gee I hope yer not talking about me with snobbery and appearance? As I dress
appropriately for the demands of the assignment. No different than the
assignment always dictates what cameras and numbers are hanging off my body.
And I love a good pair of jeans, a T shirt and running shoes. ;-) And I
don't think that kind of  dress code creates any image of snobbery nor
wealth.:-)

>>Hence leading a rather poor life within the privacy of their own
>>premises. Sheer tristesse. Many of such people around, though.<<<

Yes how true, I know a few who are all dressed up in their self importance
by creating a visual appearance of being someone they really aren't. And
quite frankly I don't have the time of day for them because generally
they're nobodies trying to impress the world, but basically brain dead in
manners and humanities.

>>> On the other hand, there are also people with too much money. You'd
> be surprised how many of those there are, too.<<<<

Oh no mon ami I'm not the least bit surprised by the numbers. I know many
and they are a big pain in the ass because they're shallow people always
trying to impress others with their wealth. Basically the worst kind of
person to deal with because they treat others as though we're not breathing
the same air! :-(

ted

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Re: RF / SLR)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Re: RF / SLR)