Subject: [Leica] more gun portraits (let me know if you get tired of this)
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Mar 2 17:25:44 2006

Kyle,
This series has all the makings of a similar view of a slice of American
life as the book "Suburbia" did.  In the latest dailies #4 works with the
others in the series the best.  Comments about use of a wide ange apply,
these are strongest when the people and the scene create the tension rather
than any trendy angles or distortions will do.

One of the comments about the two women on the farm preferring the outdoor
scene may in fact apply as you will show the "models" the images and or
share with them.  Your models may in fact prefer a vastly different image
than one that works in your vision.

Parting shot would be, what do you want to make of this view of Americana?
Work toward those images.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com