Subject: [Leica] Advice needed re Zeiss 35
From: dstate1 at hotmail.com (Dan States)
Date: Fri Oct 21 14:30:03 2005

Douglas, I own the 35 Biogon, and used to own the pre asph Summicron and
Summilux.  The Biogon is very good overall, with superior flare and
distortion control.  The weak spot is at wider apertures where the Biogon is
not as good as the older Summicron and is blown out of the water by the
asph.

Even stopped down field curvature causes the outer portions of the frame to
be unsharp.  This is really only notable in landscape type photos where you
have lots of small details at the edge of the frame.

If money is not an issue I would go with the ASPH Leica.  If it is, the
Zeiss is very good, but no better overall than a used version 4 Summicron.

Best wishes
Dan States

<BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr color=#A0C6E5
size=1>
Users Group &lt;lug@leica-users.org&gt;</i><br>To:
request for advice on the Zeiss 35 for the M, but did not <br>&gt;receive
any answers.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;I have rephrased the headline for this email. If
any of you have any <br>&gt;thoughts on this lens and how it stacks up
against the Leica 35 'lux <br>&gt;and 'cron, I would be interested in
learning your