Subject: [Leica] Zorki and J-8 Industar 61 as "car camera"
From: P2CON at aol.com (P2CON@aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 26 13:28:13 2005

In a message dated 9/25/2005 6:54:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pklein@2alpha.net writes:
<<I also have an Industar 61 L/D  55/2.8, which is supposed to be the Soviet
equivalent of the Red Scale Elmar.  Basically a Tessar lens, with lanthanum
glass.  This lens has an outstanding reputation.  Mine focuses
significantly to the rear of where the RF says it is on the Zorki.  So I
don't know yet how good or bad it really is.>>

Hi Peter,

Not sure if you know this, but the Zorki close-range focus can be adjusted
as
well as infinity.  You may have one that stops at the infinity mark and
looks
good at that range but does not match at close, to mid range.  Try adjusting
the cam follower in the body so that the lens gives you a focus coincident
rangefinder at a measured 1 meter, and then if required, readjust the
infinity
focus.  The close focus is adjusted by tweaking the cam follower one way or
the
other on the cam follower arm using padded needle nose pliers, or some such
tool.  Most of the Zorki's and FED's I have, needed that kind of treatment.

Regards,  Paul Connet