Subject: [Leica] how do you use the "Micromega" Critical focuser? Made for Omega Div, Berkey Marketing Companies, NY
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 24 19:00:08 2005

Stasys,
Well, get out your easel, compose a photo. Put a sheet of enlarging paper in
the easel, then put your critical focuser on the paper near the center of
the image. Turn the enlarger on, and while looking through the focusing
device focus on the clumps of grain that you will see. If the device is any
good, you can use it to check focus in the corners of your image. You can
also use the grain focuser to check the change in focus as you stop down
your enlarging lens. With an old El-Nikkor I had to focus at the using
aperture as the focus point changed a lot from 2.8 to 8
 Don
don.dory@gmail.com