Subject: [Leica] Summicron-M 35 Lens recommendations?
From: summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Tue Sep 6 18:44:29 2005

Ken,

You might do a search in the archives.  My quick one revealed this:

http://leica-users.org/v28/msg1488328.html

Basically, the pre-asph is known for wonderful bokeh and the asph is
less known that.  Some don't like it because of what they term "harsh"
bokeh, whatever that is.   When looking at the in-focus image, the asph
is the winner I think.  Great lens in all respects in my opinion.  For
a long time, it was my only lens.

Good luck with your decision.

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.