Subject: [Leica] Wireless Network?
From: rzartarian at snet.net (Roy Zartarian)
Date: Wed Jan 26 14:45:21 2005

Others have already given a basic shopping list for your project:
Wireless access point (or WAP) so that the wireless workstations can
connect with the of the home network and router with firewall
capabilities.  Some manufacturers combine the access point with the
router.  I prefer separate devices to isolate the cause of any problem
that might arise.  Linksys is probably the best known name in home
networking devices, but my experience is that some of their products,
despite the Cisco ownership, are awful.

You do want to remember that once you light up wireless access in your
home, you are also making it available to anyone in range of the
device.  So do be sure that your devices include password encryption
(the computer sends a password to the access point) and MAC filtering
(only specified network cards can use the device).

Roy