Subject: [Leica] will DMR obviate need for R motor?
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sun Jan 9 02:29:54 2005

What!  They were talking about it being field swappable - change it on
the fly.   Shorten its life?  How long do they think people are gonna
hang on to a digi back that'll be updated in a couple of years?

BD, can you refer me to this statement of Leica's?

Anyone else out there being kinda penny-wise at the moment, just in
case the DMR is irresistible?  I almost placed a bid for an R8/9 Motor
Drive set the other day but pulled back when I remembered the DMR would
come with it's own drive unit.

Rick.