Subject: [Leica] Best camera/lens choice
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Dec 28 17:13:40 2004

> Hi Tina,
> thank you  for the heads up.
>
> I have a couple of 1GB cards 80X and getting a couple of 2GB today. I'm
> hoping they'll give me enough recording space not to cope with a laptop and
> down loading gear.  And if push comes to lack of card space, it is afterall
> Hawaii. So I'm sure I can get CD's burned with material off the cards if it
> gets dicey for space.

>snippet<

In the Calumet catalog I got yesterday they've got a thing where you put
your card into it and it makes a CD. For 250 bucks!

As relatively cheap and easy as that is I'm still tempted to get a similar
jobbies they've got only they've got a screen. You can do little slide shows
and edit. Much printing may fall by the wayside saving the worlds trees and
ink carts. And you're not making cd's it a big 40 gig hard disk. Big enough
for a trip around the world.
But for twice as much. 500 bucks.
And Epson's coming out with one for 500 bucks with a 3.8 inch screen.
 5.8" x 3.3" x 1.2" ?

A lot smaller than a laptop. Depending on your lap.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/