Subject: [Leica] Interview on Zeiss Ikon
From: saganicc at MSKCC.ORG (Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics)
Date: Mon Oct 25 08:11:14 2004

I had the chance to handle the Ikon and lenses this weekend.  I wasn't
impressed with the body, seemed more like an R2 then a Leica, but the lenses
were something to behold.  Most noticeable were the aperture which were in
thirds from f/2-f/22.  The Hassy reps said they were going to be 40% Leica
prices.  I can't see the body being too much of a treat to leica, but the
lenses are another story, they are likely to be the bread winners for the
family.

Chris Saganich