Subject: [Leica] Re: Top Twelve Gallery
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Sep 18 16:13:36 2004

Wow, Karen -  DollGuy -  image no. 1 - is a killer. But as to your
comment..
"Some find this to be a troubling photo, but is the "trouble" entirely
in the eyes/minds of the beholder, evidence of our own societal
prejudices?"

No, it's not evidence of our societal prejudices, unless reacting
negatively to a very strong suggestion of pedophelia is a 'societal
prejudice.' ;-) That is, at least to my eye and mind, one extremely
troubling photo - which is what makes it so interesting. I'm not
troubled by a man being a doll collector, if that's what your comment is
meant to suggest. Rather, I'm very troubled by the combination of the
adult man's expression and the blank doll face.

Sometimes, as Sigy said, a cigar is indeed just a cigar! :-)

B. D.