Subject: [Leica] Re:Shakleton Photos Faked
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon Aug 30 04:01:41 2004

Absolutely. Hurley's equipment was hardly suitable for reportage!
Getting a record of what happened would obviously involve re-enactments
for the camera when plates were prepared and maybe light suitable. In
emergency situations in a small team the photographer would be too
occupied to take pictures.
Re-enactments are only worrying when the individuals involved are
untrustworthy.
Frank