Subject: [Leica] A 180, a R8, my kid and the greyhounds
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 12:26:21 2004

Aaron

There is a button and two switches to activate to start the operation, a
two handed operation.  Then to stop it you have to reverse the operation.
Quite a messy sequence, especially if you have not used it in some time.
;-)   Yes it is a very well balanced combination and sits/hangs nicely,
even with the 180/2.8 lens on it.  I do miss using it, but love the
operation of the SL and R4SP better, therefore it sits in its bag.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu>       |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/21/2004 01:45 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

Gene (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com) wrote:

>I agree the F3 and MD4 are nice, Until you need to rewind the film.  What
>complicated procedure to rewind the film.  I have a F3 with data back and
>MD4 sitting down in the basement collecting dust, well the bag it is in is
>collecting dust. ;-)  It is also a very heavy configuration.

Huh?  Complicated to rewind?  I seem to remember just sliding a switch with

my right thumb and one with my left thumb and the roll rewinding very
quickly.  Seemed easy enough at the time.

Heavy, yes, I'll give you that one.  But the grip on the MD4 allowed the
combination to dangle perfectly from my curled fingers...as long as the
lens wasn't too big.

*Sigh* I love my Leicas, but I still do miss my F3/MD4 combo.

Best,
Aaron