Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digilux 2 images on Leica-Camera.com
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:54:26 +0800

Hi Felix,

I have had a Sony 828 for two weeks now and to be honest I am not that happy
with it.

Noise is terrible at anything above ISO 100.  At ISO 400 it is very noisy.
Even at ISO 100 it is noisier than, say, the Canon G5.

Like all other Sony cameras, I am not entirely happy with the colour
rendition.  The red looks odd and skin tones are, in general, too pink and
red.  It is as if you shot portraits with Fuji Velvia.

I guess having a small 8mp sensor is not the best approach.  My D60 and 10D
are much better when it comes to image quality.  My 1Ds is in a different
league, and I am sure you know this already!

Hope this helps.

Bests,

Joseph

on 5/1/04 10:39 pm, Félix López de Maturana at fmaturana@euskalnet.net