Subject: Re: [Leica] FOOD AGAIN
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:20:49 +0000

One of the problems with beef is the quantity of steroids and or
antibiotics used in the rearing. Different governments have
significantly different regulations regarding this. These materials
give faster rearing and more tender meat so the cost is lower for a
given apparent quality. I don't know  what the health implications
actually are or what the current status of each countries regulations
is these days.
cheers
frank