Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:04:00 -0500

What is with you folks? Unacceptable to say 'submit only those photos
that you exposed, and none of those that you composed?'

We're not talking art photography here, folks, we're talking news
photography - photojournalism. The photographer has all sorts of
editorial choices available to him, in terms of how he shoots the photo,
where he stands when he shoots it, how he composes it. And then he has
the option of transmitting, or not transmitting a given photo to his
paper. He should NOT have the option of going through his raw files to
find material to meld into a photo he never took.

B. D.