Subject: RE: [Leica] Latest shot from a digital with a Leica lens
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:56:00 -0500

Javier,

> Well no actually.

Er, no what?

> If using a digital back from a 2 1/4
> a shutter-back/lens holder would have to be made.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.  A digital back from a 2 1/4
would not work on a Leica M, as you can not get the sensor into the correct
position.

> I think your friend may have been setting up that
> wildly expensive 3 ccd + prism back which can not be
> handheld because it has to make several passes - I
> think.

Correct.  That's called a scanning back, and it does come in two types.  One
uses a tri-linear sensor and does all three colors in one pass, the other
uses s single sensor and a color wheel and does three passes, one with each
of the three colors on the color wheel.

Regards,

Austin