Subject: Re: [Leica] motordrive moron
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:27:37 -0500

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:39:51 -0800, Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, the Leica motor for M cameras has a terrible, massive
>design flaw: It bangs the shutter release into your finger for each
>frame it shoots, jostling the whole camera/lens around in your hand.
>Ok, so someone said that it's a result of the M having a mechanical
>shutter release (or something like that) but don't the Nikon F and F2
>have mechanical shutter releases too?  I can't remember the motors for
>*those* cameras banging the crap out of your shutter finger...

Whether or not Leica screwed up the design (which we have no way of
knowing, not being mechanical engineers ourselves), I have to say that the
shutter button lashback is a pretty minor issue once you get around to
taking pictures with the camera instead of just pushing the button to see
what it feels like.

Compared to the amount of commotion that goes on in your hands when using
an RW, the Motor-M is a model of urbane understatement.  IMNSHO.

Paul

Message from Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com> (Re: [Leica] motordrive moron)