Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:32:50 -0700

Rolfe Tessem asked:
>>> Doesn't it become tiresome to do this on shot after shot after shot,
since
> the M7 doesn't remember the AE compensation past the current shot?
>
> With the M6 I'll meter the ground, grass or whatever once, and then shoot
> away until the lighting changes -- without the need to reframe on each
> shot. It seems to me that, when this technique is used with the M7, it is
> actually more work not less.<<<

Hi Rolf,
The only time one requires swinging away is if you have a lighting situation
as we see in Tina's photograph.  It's simply very strong back lighting and
it requires a small adjustment and with the M7 it's a quick motion of
pointing at the floor or like  background for a moment put slight pressure
on the shutter release.. that locks the exposure, you focus and shoot.

However, under regular lighting situations where about 95% of our picture
taking takes place it's camera to eye, focus, shoot!  And trust me after 15
years plus working M6's the M7 is a much faster camera to use. And in all my
time using the M6 I've never experienced so many rolls of film with
consistently correct exposures frame after frame...... and remember this is
with no fiddling apertures or shutter speeds.

it's point and shoot! Well OK "it's point, focus, shoot!" ;-)
ted

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] M7 Photo)
Message from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] M7 Photo)