Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:52:57 -0700

You just pointed the camera at the scene, did not especially meter the faces
or something else, and this is what you got?

I understand  the high value door areas MIGHT have balanced the dark
interior areas... and you got a great technical exposure.....
otherwise a spot meter is just that... point it at the object and you get an
average metering of that spot only....   The camera does not know that the
rest of the frame is pure black ( or white)  it just knows that the AVERAGE
brightness in the middle 18mm spot of the frame produces a brightness of a
specific value.....ie, the M7......

This is really exceptional......I am not convinced that I understand the
technical results, but the aesthetic results are truly terrific... a very
soft feeling of closeness of the 3....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] M7 Photo)