Subject: RE: [Leica] Airport Security?
From: Matt Kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:33:47 -0600

My experience since 09/11:  Two trips.  Each time I put  film in clear
platic zip-lock bags without cannisters and requested hand inspection.
Each request was honored.  One trip was just after the Ohare incident w/
knives and stun gun having gotten by security.  Once, a guard said, "It
won't hurt your film."  I replied, "Yes, but I have high speed film..."
and showed him the Neopan 1600 rolls amdist the other rolls.  He
replied, "OK", and proceeded to hand inspect it.  This worked at the
following airports: Waterloo, IA; MPLS/St. Paul;Portand, ME;Toronto,
Canada.  Whether it will work at other airports or even at these same
airports on subsequent dates remains to be seen.  However, they seemed
to accept this idea of hand instpection with aplomb.  I carried my
camera bag on board with no problems.  /matt