Subject: [Leica] Re: [leica] quick note from cairo (plus: damn leica broke!)
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:12:44 -0800 (pst)

Kyle,

Thanks for your observations. My experiences with the people of Egypt 25 years ago
are similar. I found them to be very hospitable, kind and friendly. People, many of which
by our standards had very little, would invite me into their homes to stay with them and
shared what little food they had with me. They wanted nothing in return. It is their way
of life to be hospitable to strangers. These experiences are lifelong treasures.

I have travelled in some Islamic countries (Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Pakistan, Iran and
Afghanistan) and appreciate your observations more than that of some TV talking heads
who before two months ago would have a hard time locating some these places on a
map.

Sorry to hear of the Leica problem. The Curse of the Pyramid? Hope it works itself out.

Robert