Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon EOS for Leica-style...sorry!
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:40:29 -0500

I think you will find that if you use the Fuji CZ press films at 800 you
will be amazed at little grain and sharp edges.  I haven't tried it yet but
they now have a 1600 speed film that if it is as good as the Neopan 1600
will be amazing.

Combine the 1 stop faster film with the no mirror M and you will be able to
shoot at ridiculous speeds.  See my latest sorta a week for shots at 1/8;
the chairs are sharp the subjects were vibrating with joy at least a much as
your family will and the posted image is acceptably sharp.  So, you can
shoot even with a 2.8 lens and do as well as a SLR with a 1.4 or so.  The
trick is to keep shooting, with no mirror you know when you caught the
action.

Yes, I do use the brand of SLR mentioned but when predictive autofocus/TTL
flash isn't needed I do better capturing emotion with a rangefinder.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com