Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 and 90/2 lightmetering deviation
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:38:26 -0500

At 06:54 PM 11/9/01 -0800, you wrote:

>Strange experience,
>
>I just bought a good? Second hand summicron 90/2 for my M6. The lens is from
>about
>
>1980. After connecting  the lens on the M6, the 90mm frame is ok. So is the
>focussing.
>
>The lightmeting however gives a remarkable deviation. By overexposure the
>red triangel points to the left and by underexposure to the right! So just
>the other way round. With my other lenses there are no  problems. What can
>be the problem? Does anybody know?
>
>Thank you in advance. (Sorry for my second hand english.)
>
>leo.hufener@tip.nl

lEO -

If you look at the aperture numbers on the lens, it operates the opposite
of all of the others.  Wide open is to the left, closed down to the
right.  That's why you have to turn it in the opposite direction.

This is a great lens, but you do have to remember to turn the aperture ring
backwards.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com