Subject: Re: [Leica] Silverfast vs Nikon scan 3.1
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 20:14:32 -0500

At 10:57 PM 11/9/01 +0000, you wrote:

>I am just going to embark on scanning my slides.  I have spoken Nikon
>and Silverfast and they both estole the virtues of their software.
>Nikon saying they do not bundle Silverfast because their software is now
>good enough.
>Are there any suggestions from real neutral users.
>
>Many thanks

I had Silverfast for the Nikon LS-2000 but after I got the LS-4000 and
worked with Nikon 3.1 for a few days, I decided not to buy the Silverfast
for the 4000.  If you take the time to learn the 3.1, it can do everything
that Silverfast can do.  If you want to batch scan, which I always do, you
have to pay extra for the ability to batch scan with Silverfast.  The cost
of their software is ridiculous.  Nikon 3.1 is easy to use if you read the
manual and it works great.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com