Subject: Re: [Leica] opinions on 50 summicron (1st gen) collapsible in M-mount
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 17:03:05 -0500

Assuming you have a clean, well maintained, sample, not much wide open.  The
rigid will be a little better from the center and a little less flare prone.
I wouldn't worry about it unless you only shot with TMX on a tripod wide
open into the sun, then I'd get a Noctilux and :))

The real differences in the two is when you start to stop down where the
rigid or DR will get real impressive real fast especially out in the field.

From someone who suffers from 50 Summicron acquisition/shooting disease.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com