Subject: [Leica] V35 enlarger prices/dealers
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:17:52 EST

Hello Luggers,

Maybe it's the change of season, or perhaps I've just reached the limit on
having to use a communal photo lab where contaminated chemicals, bad (make
that obnoxious) music and shaky enlargers abound...but I'm looking seriously
into setting up my own darkroom w/enlarger.

I mainly do 35mm (some6x7) and do black and white.  From checking out the LUG
digest, it looks like the V35 is a great enlarger if one is willing to just
do 35mm enlargements.

QUESTION:  can folks reccommend dealers for enlargers?  offer reasonable
ballpark figures for V35s? (by that meaning enlarger, VC head, 40mm 2.8 lens,
board, instructions).  Prices seem to range from crazy ($1,700) to crazy
($600) and whilst I'm fully capable of checking out the online auction site
that shall remain nameless, I don't always think their prices (or sellers)
are necessarily representative of reality.  Hence, the post to Leica users.

Please feel free to email me off-list with any suggestions/opinions.

TIA
Kim

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] V35 enlarger prices/dealers)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] V35 enlarger prices/dealers)