Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:56:13 -0800

No surprise there. Just look at the change in photo equipment stores
lately. You hear, "No we stopped stocking L, but look at this new digital
camera that can do X, Y, and Z." I pour wax in my ears before I go in even
to buy film.

The retail channels for high cost, low margin items is shrinking. But the
good news is we Luddites will always be able to get conventional products
on-line.

My fear is that Polaroid Instant film will dissappear completely in the
near future. I've been shooting several series on  Polaroid 4x5 film right
now (sepia tone). I'm going to store it away for 15-years and then put it
on display and hopefully wow some people. (not on artistic merit but on
uniqueness :-) ). People will say, "wow, what's this new technology!"

Dave