Subject: [Leica] re: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween
From: "Mikko Kalavainen" <mikko.kalavainen@mobiili.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:20:49 +0200

Nathan wrote:
>Incidentally, it looks on the scans as if the black areas, especially
>from the witch's clothing, "bleed" into the surrounding bright areas.
>This is not on the negative, at least as far as I can tell with a 10x
>loupe, so it is a scanning artifact. I wonder if it indicates the need
>to clean my LS-2000? I have not seen this effect before.
>
>The complete PAW index is at:
>
>http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw.htm
>
>and comments are welcomed and appreciated as always.
>
>Nathan
>- --
>Nathan Wajsman

Actually, you have seen it before. A few weeks ago (October 9th?) I
noticed the same, in your Oktoberfest-PAW, and I (wrongly) accused you
of PhotoShop-trickery.
If the effect is indeed from the scanner, please, tell us what causes
this, because I want to try it on my (well, it's not MINE exactly...)
LS-2000, which just sits there, unaware of what is coming his way.

Or maybe I shouldn't. Anyhoo, I still want to know. Ok?

                      -mikko-
http://www.geocities.com/kalavami
     mikko.kalavainen@mobiili.net

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] re: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween)