Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo Printers
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:13:28 -0400

I sorta have the urge to jump in here- after a few false starts with digital
printing, I have to say that the matter of color control is very important,
and I didn't really get a good handle on the basic print until I got a new
monitor, a KDS, and installed the drivers. The drivers included a set of
.icm files, which were installed too, and which I used in the Epson software
setup- set the one for my monitor as the default, and basically let
everything print as 'automatic'.
Since I don't have the wherewithal to get a montior colorimeter, and the
software to generate my profiles, this has made a great improvement in my
outputs, in that I actually get a WYSIWYG output, or very close to it. This
makes the paper costs, and per print cost a lot more reasonable!
Using Epson paper, and Epson inks, the output has improved immensely.
Dan

Replies: Reply from Dave Hillman <dave@hillmanimages.com> (Re: [Leica] Photo Printers)