Subject: [Leica] Shame on the LUG
From: "Jon Honeyball" <jon@jonhoneyball.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 00:02:37 +0100

Have here a letter from Leica, from the Academy.

It seems that they have cancelled the only two English-speaking courses
to be held this year, one on the R series and one on the M series.

Why? "We have received too few registrations for both seminars".

The *maximum* they can take is about 15 people per session.

Are there really no Leica owners or users hereabouts who would like to
spend 3 days in Germany, at the Academy, at the Factory, with tuition,
with *every* piece of Leica camera equipment sat there waiting for you
to try?

Ever fancied spending a 3 days taking pics with the 35/1.4? Or the
75/1.4? Or the Noctilux? Or the legendary 180mm F2 on the R?

Well this is your chance.

Or, rather, it was.

I went two years ago - it was huge fun and very educational, and I
learned a lot from it. And it is pitifully cheap -- Leica cannot make a
profit from it.

That there aren't 15 American M Leica users who's grasp of the globe
extends beyond the zipcode, is really rather shameful. Especially as
they could afford to have a black M6 made. Supporting Leica does extend
to doing more than polishing your LHSA M6, you know.

Jon