Subject: Re: [Leica] I Love the LUG!!!!!
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 00:31:16 -0700

>Couldn't agree with you more. I was stuck in a wasteland of EOS images
>created with blind automation until I came to the LUG. I didn't realize
>that people still used Leicas until I stumbled unto this atavistic
>horde. It rekindled my enthusiasm for an instrument that I first held in
>my hands when I was 8 years old. I have since started to use my Leicas
>not only for the money shoots but also on personal projects, a domain
>strictly reserved in the past for 120 and 4x5. With digitization I can
>now shot with my Leicas without having a photo editor hemorrhaging,
>thanks to photoshop.
>Then, of course, there is the folkloric, almost mythical, dialogue of
>the LUG that I'm certain one day will be the stuff of photographic
>history. That is if they don't immolate themselves first. Sometimes I
>wish I could just wallow in that fervid tide of verbiage, but I'm
>usually pounding the LA pavements, camera in hand,,digital or Rollei,
>sometimes Leica, doing the do.
>
>Best,
>  Slobodan Dimitrov
>

>Tina Manley wrote:
>>>
>>  Me too, Robert!   The LUG changes photography from a solitary endeavor to a
>>  community effort.  Most professional photographers work alone even if their
>>  specialty is people!  It's great to have a similar minded group to discuss
>>  and cuss everything related to Leicas and a "few" off-topic topics.
>>
>>  Leically,
>>
>>  Tina
>>
>>  Tina Manley, ASMP
>>  http://www.tinamanley.com

Time to get maudlin. The LUG and the contacts I've made through it
have been enough justification of the internets, if not computers in
general. Photoshop and Vectorworks may be the things that make me
money with the computer, but the LUG has made it human, and has truly
brought the world together. The many people I have met in person
through LUG contacts have been uniformly interesting, generous and
inspirational. Thank you all.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design